While still struggling with getting kismet to play ball with my objectives, I have been doing a bit more work on some of the landscape and objectives.
Some screen shots are below. The more I add stuff to the latter part of the map, the more I want to go back and redo the earlier parts!!
Looking south up the valley to east
Inside Objective 5
Looking down on what will be objective 5
Looking back to east objective from Axis side
Looking down and to the east from valley top
Map development delayed the last couple of days as Ive been putting together my new rig 🙂
Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 Motherboard
Corsair H60 Water Cooling
Corsair Dominator 16GB RAM
Corsair HX1050 Modular PSU
Corsair Force3 120GB SSD
WD Cavier Blue 500GB HDD
New Hazro 27″ Screen arriving monday!
Now back to the mapping once ive installed all the new systems drivers.
Well I have just had 3 days off work and have spent no less than 30 hours on this map during that time “off”.
Completely reworked the terrain textures and some of the lighting and flushed out a low detail version of the last 2 objective points. Also just dabbled with Kismet for the first time. It will take some getting used to, but of course we have stock maps kismet to reference as well as some of the other custom maps being produced right now.
I am still not very happy with the last objective as I haven’t got much room left for the Axis final spawn points, so that may require some more thought.
First objective in place - The South Woods
A small milestone was hit this evening as I have now added the two teams, squads, and fireteams which allows me to run around in the Editor with guns!
This has also shown me that I need to scale down some meshes, but not too many.
This is my rifle, this is my gun! Or a Ppsh to be precise 🙂
I recently dusted off the Unreal Editor (RO2 SDK) with the thought of creating a map or two as mod supported pc games like RO2 thrive on community released mods and maps.
It’s been quite a while (4 years even) since I last made any maps, and those maps were for UT2004. Creating a map for an objective based game type is offering up many new challenges, but it’s all good and I am very much enjoying working on my first map Volkhovsky Forest (though that name will change).
Here are some early screen shots of my “progress”:
Objective 1 - The Southern Woods